The World Class Film Awards is designed to honor and appreciate talented creators who have overcome obstacles to create something extraordinary.
Our mission is to discover high quality and ambitious films, to promote filmmakers’ works internationally and to be an important asset in the next step in their career.
Be inspired, be extraordinary
We believe in shining a spotlight on your creative brilliance and celebrating your artistry. Each film submission undergoes a meticulous evaluation to assess its artistic and technical merit on a performance scale.
The Legendary Aztec Calendar Award has been hand-made crafted to recognize the winners of this edition over the time.
During our Grand Gala Dinner Awards Ceremony, the winners will be distinguished with a unique Mythical Award, recognizing and commemorating their exceptional talents and achievements in the world of film.
This special night will include the “World Class Creator Award” by The FilmmakerLife Magazine to honor distinguished individuals who have achieved outstanding professional excellence in their field.
We aim to give recognition, exposure and respect back to the filmmakers, which many film festivals have forgotten to provide.
Our commitment is to become the leading international platform for filmmakers to showcase their most outstanding work and gain inspiration for their careers.
We truly believe that every filmmaker, whether they are established award-winners or first-time creators, should have the chance to flourish and advance their careers.
We strive to provide a supportive and authoritative environment that empowers all filmmakers to achieve their goals and reach new heights of success.
What we’re looking for: Feature Films, Short Films, Documentaries, TV/Web-Series, Series Pilots, Student Films, Animations, Trailers, Music Videos, Commercials, Experimental Films and Scripts.
We accept films of any genres, length and language. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
We accept Scripts of any genre, length, and in English, Italian, Spanish and French.
Our partners and sponsors are our invaluable allies, strategic collaborators, and steadfast companions on this remarkable journey. Without their unwavering support, our efforts would not bear fruit. These extraordinary companies embody social and cultural responsibility, shaping the film industry, fostering new audiences, and nurturing an engaged, reflective, and empathetic society. We extend our deepest gratitude to all of them whose commitment and visionary mindset propel us forward, igniting a passion that transcends boundaries
– In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
– The World Class Film Awards relationship will exclusively be related to the film submitter.
– Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles. If screening, will must have the local subtitles of the edition.
– You always retain 100% of all rights to your intellectual property.
– All fees are non-refundable.
– Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
– The World Class Film Awards can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate.
– Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film. Still, the decision about the selection is strictly determined by our judges’ team and no selection is guaranteed.
– The applicants (submitters) must accept The World Class Film Awards Rules and Terms.
All fees are non-refundable. Please note that the programme may be subject to change.
*Kindly note that the festival does not offer accommodations or cover travel expenses.
All films entered will be viewed and judged in the competition of the festival.
Only some films will be chosen by the Committee to be screened during The World Class Film Awards 2023. Filmmakers included in the screening are notified 4 weeks prior to the event. DCP, Spanish subtitles and availability to attend the Q&A are mandatory at this point.*
The selected films are informed by the Festival in due course and no films are screened without the agreement of the director/production.
Note: at this stage, Spanish subtitles are a “must have” for WCFA Mexico 2023.
Entry fees are charged for administrative purposes only and do not guarantee acceptance or winning any awards.
Any physical materials sent to the Festival for events must be at the sender’s expense, including postage and import duties.
Sponsorship and advertising packages are non-refundable and must be paid in advance. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone advertising as per client’s instructions, but any payments made will not be refunded.
Attendees are strongly recommended to acquire full or comprehensive Travel Insurance as World Class Film Awards or its partners will not be held responsible for any personal injury, situations, or damages arising from accidents, climatic events, political incidents, or natural disasters that may occur before, during, or after the event.
It is the responsibility of attendees to inform management of any disabilities that may affect their enjoyment, and reasonable accommodations will be arranged.
Pop-up banners may be taken by the owner after the event or kept by us for future use, but will be discarded after 3 months. Please arrange for postage if necessary.
Please carefully review all information before submitting your project to the festival.
In the event of technical issues beyond our control, we may need to reschedule the Awards Ceremony and cannot offer refunds.
Non-attending winners may receive a digital winning certificate upon request, but the statue is only offered free to attending winners. Non-attending filmmakers and authors may purchase the statue if they wish.
All submissions in personal categories require the name of the person you are registering to the category. You can easily send us this information in the cover letter at the FilmFreeway website, otherwise, your film could be disqualified from that specific category.
– Submitting your movie, you authorize The World Class Film Awards to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills on our social media. (but we do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film or project)
– We do not require premiere status.
– Submissions DO NOT guarantee selection.
– We highly suggest adding a cover letter to your submission.
– If a feedback option is selected, the entry will be judged and the submission status will be updated (From Undecided to Selected) within the next 72 hrs after your full submission. Note that this is not a writing review service.
If no main category is selected in the expedited feedback option, automatically the entry cannot be considered.
The full submission is a main category or more selected in your entry. The feedback is an additional option to get notified if your project is worthy of being included in our Official Selection within 72 hours from the time we receive your full submission.
All films must be submitted in at least one main category and may also be submitted with the feedback option.
* Films submitted with the feedback option without at least one main category will be disqualified and there is no refund at this stage.
All our main categories are listed underneath the feedback option.
Note: any DISCOUNT CODES ARE NOT VALID for the purchase of the Magazine items at “FilmFreeway”. DISCOUNTS CODES ARE VALID, ONLY for submitting films at the festival. Remember that payments are not refundable**
– Winning categories vary every month depending on the submissions we receive. If we think the categories submitted are not to a standard of The World Class Film Awards win, they will be removed.
– If the project is “Selected” to be included in our festival, it will be sent to the review sessions that are the next stage to know whether or not they will be considered as part of the official selection of the edition. If the project does not advance at this stage, the Judging Status cannot be upgraded to “Nominee” to be part of the Official Announcement. If selected for screening, DCP and “local subtitles” will be required. The submitter will need to meet these requirements.
The Competition reserves the right to refuse entries and the Jury can remove a movie from the competition at any time. Entry fees are non-refundable. The individual or corporation submitting the film/script hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for possible screening (private and/or public) and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The World Class Film Awards, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss or damage of the screening videos entered.
The festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time if there is any question of ownership, copyright infringement, or any sign of disrespect (in any form of media) to the festival or its representatives. When a project is submitted without a poster, trailer, credits or sometimes without any of the aforementioned topics, the judges take points off the final rating.
You cannot cancel your participation in the competition after the announcement of the official selection.
All our official communications must be through email. It is not possible for us to respond to messages through social media platforms, due to the large number of requests we have on them.
If the committee thinks the categories submitted are not to the standard of the competition, they will be removed. If the film has potential, it can be assigned to another category under the criteria of the Jury and Programmers.
The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our Committee and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
Festival dates & times may be subject to delay or change without notice. Please check our FilmFreeway page for deadlines and any other updates.
Regarding credits on IMDb, please note that only IMDb can approve or reject your submission(s). If your nominees/wins are not published, it doesn’t depend on us,and you should report your problem to the official IMDb support community.
No work or artist will be either discriminated or favored by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, ideology, sexual orientation, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be considered with no censorship of any kind.
It is The World Class Film Awards policy not to offer comments and reasons for films not selected, results and/or decisions for the program.
All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the film contest, without notice. By submitting your film/script, you acknowledge you have read, understood and accepted all rules, regulations & conditions above.
* BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR FILM PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS * ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE *